The ovarian and uterine cancer support group for women with gynaecologic tumours in the abdominal area (peritoneal, ovarian, fallopian tube, uterine, cervical and vulvar cancer) was established in 2011. It is an open group focusing on the exchange of information and sharing of experience. The group is managed on a neutral, independent and voluntary basis. It does not belong to an umbrella organisation or association and is only financed by funds from public health insurance. Participation is possible at any time without any commitment and free of charge.
are held on every first and third Wednesday of the month from 3 to 5 pm in the Nachbarschaftshaus Schöneberg, Holsteinische Str. 30 / at the corner of Fregestraße, 12161 Berlin. Phone: +49 30-85 99 51 30.
Obtaining the best possible quality of life:
- Decreasing insecurities and fears: exchanging information and sharing experience
- Increasing courage and confidence: encouragement and sympathy
- Accepting the disease
- Self-determined dealing with doctors/therapists, family, social environment
Activate your self-healing power:
- Exercise, joy, creativity, self-centring in everyday life
- Accessing reputable medical, psychological, social resources
- Removing the taboo from cancer in public and society
- Cooperation with relevant centres of competence, specialist hospitals and practices
- Confidential conversations, exchange of ideas and information, sharing of experience, also by phone, email, or on site at the hospital bed if needed
- Invitation of speakers on technical lectures and discussions
- Getting to know supplementary/supporting measures for medical therapies
- Providing a relevant reference library as well as addresses of relevant service points, aid centres and counselling centres.
- Distributing information material and leaflets on the disease, nutrition etc.
- Opportunities for visiting technical lectures, workshops, informational events
- Participation in relevant congresses, trials, media work
- Occasional trips, picnics, visiting cultural events
Together with the women in the group, their contact person, who is also affected, would like to bolster you up, and show you and your family that you are not alone with your disease. An established aid for those who are also affected is to be open and considerate about each other, to encourage and care about each other. This is important in order to find your own way with new self-confidence.
“TURN YOUR FACE TOWARDS THE SUN AND THE SHADOWS FALL BEHIND YOU.“
Contact person: Rosemarie Mittermair
Phone: via Nachbarschaftshaus: +49 (0)30 – 85 99 51 30