Events: Our events take place every second Tuesday of the month from 4 to 6 pm in the seminar rooms of the hospital “Krankenhaus der Barmherzigen Schwestern” in Linz (Seilerstätte 4, 4010 Linz). The exact seminar room will be announced on the website in time.
- Passing on information and competence
- Supporting the improvement in quality of life
- Learning about and accepting your disease
- Activating and stabilizing your own powers
- (Re)awakening enjoyment of life, self-confidence, self-assurance and bravery
- Improving and conveying support, familiarity, acceptance and encouragement
- Setting up a social network, avoiding isolation
- Cooperating with specialists and experts
- Passing on information on the website and in technical speeches
- Meetings to share experience, to support and motivate each other, and to express emotions and thoughts
- General activities (excursions, arts and crafts, music, exercising, relaxing,…)
- Companionship and counselling
A companion is there to support the group. She can advise you when difficulties arise; she connects you with lecturers, books rooms, helps to implement ideas, and facilitates setting up a motivated and positive atmosphere within the group.
For most patients – as well as their friends and family – the diagnosis of (gynaecological) cancer is shocking. What does this diagnosis mean? What are the next steps? What will happen to me and to my loved ones? With our initiative, we would like to support you in making sense of the thoughts, questions and emotions that are likely to arise after being diagnosed. In particular, we would like to emphasise that you are not alone with your disease.
…we support the initiative against gynaecological cancer (http://www.petrolribbon.at/), in order to call attention to it.
Contact person: Mag. Esther Sandrieser
Tel: +43 (0)664 9915077
Office hours: there are no fixed office hours. If you cannot reach us, please leave a message on the voicemail or simply send us an email. We will get back to you as soon as possible.